Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Restarting the Blog!

Hi, I am excited to restart the blog to share what we are doing. Soon Lelia will be joining big sister Phaedra! Alanah, Lincoln, and Hunter will be here daily as well. Joey's schedule is part time and will vary.

This year Brian will be homeschooled!
He has been asking to do this for several years, and so we wrote our Letter of Intent to the superintendent and got our approval letter this summer.

This is exciting and I am envisioning Brian enriching our program. He will be reading to the children daily and I already have some projects for him which will benefit the children as well as provide alot of learning for Brian :) There is tremendous flexibility in our schedule and so his schooling can and will occur on weekends and evenings as necessary.

I have brought out more Montessori style "Practical Life" activities for the children. I am amazed at how much they enjoy these activities, and I am in awe of their concentration while carrying the trays, and doing the activity as well as enjoying their huge smiles as they accomplish these tasks!

I am excited to be bringing aspects of Montessori here to our program and I will be sharing more about the Montessori Method as the year progresses


No comments: