Friday, October 3, 2014

Friday October 3rd Toddler's Creed

B~ Cheerios, bananas, milk
S~ Green grapes, organic vanilla yogurt, water
L~ Fish sticks, mixed veggies, buttered bread, milk
S~ Apple slices, graham crackers, water

There has been may unison's and echoes of "Mine!!!" being constantly exclaimed around here in recent weeks.
It is a stage for many toddlers and young preschoolers, and so universal that several versions of "The Toddlers Creed" have sprouted up over the years.
I share them now for your amusement, and know you will be nodding "yes" as you read them :-)




"The Toddlers Creed"

by Dr. Burton L. White

If I want it,
IT'S MINE!
If I give it to you and change my mind later,
IT'S MINE!
If I can take it away from you,
IT'S MINE!
If it's mine it will never belong to anybody else,
No matter what.
If we are building something together,
All the pieces are mine!
If it looks just like mine,
IT'S MINE!
If it breaks or needs putting away,

IT'S YOURS!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Toddler’s Creed appeared in the syndicated weekly newspaper article "Families Today" by T. Berry Brazelton and is a humorous reminder of normal toddler behavior:
If I want it, it's mine.
If I give it to you and change my mind later, it's mine.
If I can take it away from you, it's mine.
If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
If it's mine, it will never belong to anybody else, no matter what.
If we are building something together, all the pieces are mine.
If it looks just like mine, it is mine. 
And finally
Toddlers Creed
If it is on, I must turn it off.
If it is off, I must turn it on.
If it is folded, I must unfold it.
If it is liquid, it must be shaken, and then spilled.
If it is a solid, it must be crumbled, chewed or smeared.
If it is high, it must be reached.
If it is shelved, it must be un-shelved.
If it is pointed, it must be run with at top speed.
If is has leaves, they must be picked.
If it is plugged, it must be unplugged.
If it is not trash, it must be thrown away.
If it is the trash, it must be removed and inspected, and thrown on the floor.
If it is open, it must be closed.
If it does not open, it must be screamed at.
If it has drawers, they must be rifled
If it is a pencil, it must write on the refrigerator, monitor or table.
If it is full, it will be more interesting emptied.
If it is empty, it will be more interesting full.
If it is a pile of dirt, it must be laid upon.
If it is a stroller, it must under no circumstances be ridden in without protest.
It must be pushed by me instead.
If it has a flat surface, it must be banged upon.
If Mommy’s hands are full, I must be carried.
If Mommy is in a hurry and wants to carry me, I MUST walk alone.
If it is a paper, it must be torn.
It is has buttons, they must be pressed.
If the volume is low, it must go high.
If it is toilet paper, it must be unrolled on the floor.
If it is a drawer, it must be pulled open.
If I can pick it up, it must be relocated.
If it has a faucet, it must be turned on at full force.
If it is a phone, I must talk to it.
If it is a bug, it must be swallowed.
If it doesn't stay on my spoon, it must be dropped on the floor.
If it is not food, it must be tasted.
If it IS food, it must not be tasted.
If it is dry, it must be made wet, with drool, milk or toilet water.
If it is a car seat, it must be protested with an arched back.
It if is Mommy, she must be hugged.
I am a toddler!!
 Author: Unknown
Pajama Day~ Jack building
Brendan, Jack and Daniel
Logan, Brendan, Daniel, Jack in fire hat
Heading out after 3 days of rainy weather~ Logan

The wagon and cars now fit under the shed

Logan~ I notice the boys really love the "wilderness" part of the yard
Brendan lifts a sapling from the tipi
The jumping off the edge game


In the meantime, Jack is happily throwing an orange frisbee toy-- he had more success throwing it than I was able to capture in a photo!

They all spontaneously got books to look at while lunch was cooking :-)
Lunch
The kids love to serve themselves. Most days I put everything on the plate and they serve themselves 2nd's and sometimes 3rds!
Have an awesome weekend!!!!

No comments: