Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Already thinking Gardening!

January is the planning month and in February we'll actually start planting seeds!

This year, I am going to move the veggie garden from behind the playroom and plant flowers out there instead.

I am envisioning flowers which will attract and feed the birds as well as selections for butterflies~ luckily many varieties attract both, so those will be out first choices

We'll plant sunflowers again but I might try a teepee from morning glories or peas (beans?) rather than a sunflower house~ the children will get the final say :D

We didn't plant pumpkins and I missed that, so we'll try some this year.

I want to continue the vegetable garden, but I want it in a more accessible spot~ the shade here is wonderful but makes it tricky to place a garden that needs lots of sun!

I also had seen tunnels made of willow and discovered last season that our cranberry bush by the sandbox would do the same and create a special place for the children :D

No comments: