Monday, January 11, 2010

Today we started ice sculptures



With the start of the New Year, I am posting again on this blog~and I hope to be more consistent with keeping up with it!


Pictured above is our science and art project. We've put sequins and water into little pie plates.
We will observe the water freeze into ice and then hang the sculptures from the dogwood tree.
The children have already predicted that the water will turn to ice.

When they do, they will look beautiful sparkling in the sun, and as the weather warms (eventually lol) we will get to see them melt smaller and smaller....knowing me, and the children, we will need to pick up the sequins and put them in our sandbox to add to the "treasures" that we love to hunt for and discover. We like to recycle and I love pointing this out to the children whenever we do.

Speaking of discoveries, I have just found out last week that I can order flannel stories and even some toys from the library through their inter-library system!
This is exciting ~Peter and the Wolf, Eric Carle stories and many others are on the way!
I can also use this library feature for books on cd, so this well-used resource has become even better for us!

No comments: