Monday, September 21, 2009

Today is the United Nations International Peace Day





Truthfully, I did not even know about this until I read about it on the internet.
I found a link to this blog
http://singpeacearoundtheworld.blogspot.com/

The song can be heard there and here are the lyrics
Light a Candle for Peace

Light a candle for peace,
Light a candle for love,
Light a candle that shines,
All the way around the world.

Light a candle for me,
Light a candle for you,
That our wish for world peace,
Will one day come true

Sing Peace Around the World
Sing Peace Around the World
Sing Peace Around the World
Sing Peace Around the World
~~~
The children and I sang the song at 10:35am today-which was our designated time slot.

The kids are very young but I showed them New Zealand and all the continents along the way to Hawaii on our globe. I told them that children in all these places would be singing the same song about peace.
I explained peace as "people getting along and not fighting".

The first photo, with Brian and Joey in it, is from last week when we were practicing the song. And today I lit a real candle and the children had their paper ones.
I love how Lelia looks like she is singing along :)

The last photo is of Phaedra with one of our new Montessori items- The Pink Tower. The smallest cube is one cm and each cube increases by one cm, until we reach the largest at 10 cm.

Happy Peace Day!
Lanie

No comments: