Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Wednesday March 5th Training Toby

B~ Cheerios, bananas, milk
S~ Fresh strawberries, vanilla yogurt, water
L~ Scrambled Eggs, Pancakes, peas, milk
S~ Apples, ritz crackers, water


Hi, I really appreciate how patient and understanding you have been of Toby and his jumping.
He loves the kids and is so happy to see everyone arrive, and gets so excited- but then he jumps all over you! I am really wanting him to stop this behavior.

I found this video and I tried it with him today and I was impressed with how well it worked!
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFscKdfpQWA

When he jumps on you, grab hold of his paws and don't let go until he struggles. Say "off"
If he jumps up again, repeat. When he stays down, please pet him and praise him.

I have posted the technique on the door- he jumps on Brian's friend too, he jumps on everyone who comes in, so it is a good technique for all of us to know- the key is for all of us to be on the same page and Toby will get this and stop jumping.

Toby is really soft and silky but that gets lost when you are having to fend him off! But when he has all 4 paws down he is really nice to pet.

Thanks so much for helping me with this, I really think we can get him out of this habit!

Today we used the moon sand, fire hats and fire truck  and played a Lotto animal matching game. We played Ring around the Rosy. Abiyoyo and Abiyoyo Return are still being requested- usually by Jack! :-) - and we also read the Friends book I made.

Jack was in a hurry

Jack and Ivy



Daniel, Logan and Ivy




"Would you like to come to knitting at the library?"


This was so cool, reading together

Puzzles

Firefighters Daniel and Jack







No comments: