Monday, September 16, 2013

Monday September 16th

B~ Cheerios. blueberries, milk
S~ Home made applesauce, saltine crackers, water
L~ Hard boiled eggs/egg salad, bread and butter, broccoli, carrots and cauliflower, milk
S~ Vanilla yogurt, plums, water

Today I made home made applesauce. I used just raisins and a date to sweeten it- next time I will use less raisins, it was pretty sweet! We tried egg salad for lunch- first I tried a boiled egg to see if they'd like that- no they did not. Then I gave them egg salad on bread- Daniel ate til he got to the egg, then he took only a bite or 2 more. Ivy picked the egg salad off the bread and ate the bread. Jack loved it though.

Ivy and Daniel drew pictures with markers today. I went to the library this weekend and got some Dora the Explorer books because Ivy loves her so much, and more Curious George books because Brendan loves him so much. I will have to look for some Mickey Mouse books for Daniel. I also got several books with cd's. They like listening to the stories as they're falling asleep.

Daniel turns the hex nuts

Ivy with the moon sand



Ivy with Brown Bear and Baby Bear, Baby Bear books


Dora books!

Fresh bedding for our worm bin

Ivy and Jack check out the childrens books in the cabinet

Daniel with the dog puppet

Steaming the apples and raisins

Blended them in the vitamix- next time I will blend for a shorter time :-)

I used the new story box to tell the tale of the Gingerbread Man
Afterward Ivy retells the story and plays with the characters




No comments: